OpenVpn on Whonix Gateway or Workstation?

Hello guys, I am new to the Virtual Machine world, but quite like it so far. I have a multi-hop VPN connection on my Host OS.

My main question today - I successfully managed to setup a manual OpenVpn connection using TCP protocol on my Whonix Workstation, but after doing so, stumbled across an article on Whonix website - Connecting to VPN before Tor - which indicates that the VPN should be set up on the Whonix Gateway instead. When I tried to do so, I get this message in the terminal - Cannot resolve host address… and also Could not determine Ipv4/Ipv6 protocol… . Could this be because my Ipv6 is disabled on the host OS?

Also, can I just continue with the OpenVpn on Whonix workstation for anonymity and privacy purposes, or is it safer and more secure to install the OpenVpn on the Whonix gateway instead? If yes, what can I do for the errors mentioned in para above?

Last question - does having multi-hop VPN enabled on the host OS increase anonymity and untraceability in addition to using VPN on Whonix?

It doesn’t imply that. The top of that page says:

Before combining Tor with other tunnels, be sure to read and understand the risks!

If you read that wiki page first (and follow links if applicable), it will answer most of your questions.