No sound on whonix in VMware

I have whonix workstation and gateway installed using VMware. I followed all of the steps but I am not getting any sound from this operating system. I get sound from other vm’s that I have so it isn’t my host machine. The installation of whonix did not add a sound card in the vm settings so I added one manually. If you’re going to say to not use VMware and to use virtual box, I know. I plan to. But for now, how can I fix this? Unless VMware is my problem.

Good day,

Due to the fact that VMware currently isn’t supported (or recommended) we are unable to assist you here as noone has experience with it.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like

You rightly predicted our answer.

In the spirit of promoting how to generally approach strange issues, I advice: Free Support for Whonix ™

Specifically I would suggest to install plain Debian jessie in a VM first. Then see if there are any sound issues. If there are, then very likely it’s not an issue specific to Whonix, but caused by a upstream project, then you gain access to a much bigger support community.

I’m finding more reasons to use Virtual box than VMware for whonix. I guess that’s what I’ll do. Thanks.