No packages qubes-template-whonix-gw available

Qubes R3.

Using

The same message shows when trying to install from unstable repository.

“No packages qubes-template-whonix-gw-testonly available”

qubes-template-whonix-ws is installing properly.

qubes-template-whonix-gw-experimental installs too, but it’s Whonix 10.

[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community qubes-template-whonix-gw
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
Running command on VM: 'sys-firewall'...
Loaded plugins: langpacks, post-transaction-actions, yum-qubes-hooks
Nothing to do
No packages downloaded
qubes-dom0-cached                                           | 3.6 kB  00:00     
Nothing to do
[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable qubes-template-whonix-gw-testonly
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
Running command on VM: 'sys-firewall'...
Loaded plugins: langpacks, post-transaction-actions, yum-qubes-hooks
Nothing to do
No packages downloaded
qubes-dom0-cached                                           | 3.6 kB  00:00     
Nothing to do
[user@dom0 ~]$ date -u
Sun Nov  8 03:08:26 UTC 2015

Seems to work. Maybe you mistyped something in dom0?

This could be a more general issue with

generally. (Networking related bug.) Can you try the above command standalone please, see if that works?

@quBenix: thanks for trying.

Was the first thing I did before anything else. Updated dom0, fedora-20 template, and a new debian-8 template.

I’m out of ideas for the moment. Trying to paste the command in dom0 (not straight forward).

Let’s enable debugging.

dom0

on top enable verbosity.

#/!bin/bash set -x

Also add

in front of

(Line 137)

To help copying output from dom0 in VMs so I can actually posting it on the internet, in dom0 I have a helper wrapper script.

~/bin/qvm-copy-dom0-to-vm

#!/bin/sh set -x cat "$2" | qvm-run --pass-io "$1" "cat > $3"

chmod +x ~/bin/qvm-copy-dom0-to-vm

dom0

qvm-copy-dom0-to-vm vm-name /path/to/file/in/dom-0 /home/user/destination-file-name

It makes this process a little less cumbersome.

I hope we are also getting this
“provide an easy command line tool for copying between vm and dom0”

Let’s forget about debugging. My [big] mistake. After downloading Qubes-R3.0-x86_64 (my last test was with R3.0-rc1-x86_64), I made a USB disk dump of Qubes-R2.0-x86_64 and installed from there.

I’m back to square one, no networking. sys-net and sys-firewall report a libvirt error (Unable to reset PCI device).

Also forget about R2.
R3 has been released as stable. Qubes-R3.0-x86_64-DVD.iso

If you get any libvirt errors, please post them.

With Qubes-R3.0-x86_64-DVD.iso.

The output of qubes-dom0-update:

Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time... Running command on VM: 'sys-firewall'... Starting the VM 'sys-firewall'... --> Starting NetVM sys-net... --> Creating volatile image: /var/lib/qubes/servicevms/sys-net/volatile.img... --> Loading the VM (type = NetVM)... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/bin/qvm-run", line 199, in <module> main() File "/bin/qvm-run", line 194, in main r = vm_run_cmd(vm, cmdstr, options) File "/bin/qvm-run", line 64, in vm_run_cmd gui = options.gui, filter_esc = options.filter_esc) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py", line 1529, in run self.start(verbose=verbose, start_guid = gui, notify_function=notify_function) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/006QubesProxyVm.py", line 82, in start retcode = super(QubesProxyVm, self).start(**kwargs) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/005QubesNetVm.py", line 121, in start xid=super(QubesNetVm, self).start(**kwargs) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py", line 1733, in start self.netvm.start(verbose = verbose, start_guid = start_guid, notify_function = notify_function) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/005QubesNetVm.py", line 121, in start xid=super(QubesNetVm, self).start(**kwargs) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py", line 1773, in start self.libvirt_domain.createWithFlags(libvirt.VIR_DOMAIN_START_PAUSED) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1037, in createWithFlags if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreateWithFlags() failed', dom=self) libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: Unable to reset PCI device 0000:05:00.2: internal error: Active 0000:05:00.0 devices on bus with 0000:05:00.2, not doing bus reset

This error shows also in a narrow window after installing the service vm’s at first boot.

May be anecdotal, may be not, during installation the mouse is not responding (it does work with Qubes R2).

General Qubes issue. Let’s discuss this over here: