Network settings in nested virtualisation

I have installed Puppy Linux inside Whonix Workstation. Are the network security and firewall rules of Workstation passed to Puppy, or do I need to configure it separately?
If security is weaker, which distribution is most reliable for nested virtualization inside Whonix?

Whonix doesn’t have any special feature to specifically modify the behavior of any nested running VMs. No special feature to pass more things than usual.

You could remove the Whonix specific part from your question.

I am using Debian (or any Linux distribution) (inside a VM). Does a (nested) Debian VM inherit any proprieties from the the host (VM)?

I am using Debian (L0). Does a Debian VM (L1) inherit any proprieties from the the host (L0)?

I am using Debian inside a VM (L1). Does a nested VM inherit any proprieties from the the host VM (L2)?

I don’t expect any Whonix specific differences compared to doing this with other Linux distributions.

See also:

(Whonix is based on Kicksecure.)

If we’re talking about network intrusion, port scanning, is Puppy inside Whonix less secure?

Similar to this:
Anonymize Other Operating Systems chapter Security Comparison: Whonix ™-Download-Workstation vs. Whonix-Custom-Workstation ™ in Whonix wiki