need some help setting this up

i am not new to computers, however i am fairly new to Linux. i been playing mu Complex for a while to try and learn Linux syntax.
Plenty more to go I love learning something new with computers.
In the mean time i need some help with getting whonix set up on Ubuntu.
I have it installed but the virtualbox does not load if that has installed.

First error gave me this

There were problems setting up VirtualBox. To re-start the set-up process, run
/sbin/vboxconfig as root.

“funny part at the end of this bit”

neoisfree@neoisfree-B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2:~$ bash ./whonix-xfce-installer-cli
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Command executing: $ sudo -- echo test
test
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Saving user log to: '/home/neoisfree/dist-installer-cli-download/logs/6/user.log'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Saving debug log to: '/home/neoisfree/dist-installer-cli-download/logs/6/debug.log'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Installer: 'Whonix Xfce for VirtualBox Installer'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: If you wish to cancel installation, press Ctrl+C.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: The license will be shown in 5 seconds.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: (Use -n or --non-interactive for non-interactive mode.)
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: License Check: 'success' - User has accepted the license.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Architecture detected:  'x86_64'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: System detected: 'Linux'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Distribution/Derivative name detected: 'Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS' / '(No derivative detected.)'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Distribution/Derivative version detected: '22.04' / '(No derivative detected.)'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Initiating installation of hypervisor-required packages... Please wait, as this could take a while...
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Updating package list...
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Command executing: $ sudo -- apt-get update --yes --error-on=any
Hit:1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:2 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-security InRelease
Hit:4 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease
Reading package lists...
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Command executing: $ sudo -- apt-get dist-upgrade --simulate
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Calculating upgrade...
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  dctrl-tools dkms libgsoap-2.8.117 liblzf1 virtualbox-dkms
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages have been kept back:
  gjs libgjs0g python3-update-manager update-manager update-manager-core
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 5 not to upgrade.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [WARN]: VirtualBox Kernel Module Loaded Test Result: 'yes' - file /dev/vboxdrv exists.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Running: $ sudo -- modprobe vboxdrv
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Virtualization Support Test: Your CPU supports virtualization: 'amd': 'svm'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Existing VM Check: Virtual Machine(s) have been imported previously.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Available guest: 'Whonix-Gateway-Xfce'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Available guest: 'Whonix-Workstation-Xfce'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: VirtualBox Installation Result: 'SUCCESS'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Question: Do you want to start VirtualBox and the Whonix Virtual Machine(s) now? [y/n] (default: yes): 
Your answer: y
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: User replied: 'y'
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: VirtualBox Startup Check: User accepted to start VirtualBox.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: If you would like to redownload the image, read about --redownload (safe).
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: If you would like to reimport the image, read about --reimport (danger).
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: VM Startup Check: User accepted to start Virtual Machine(s).
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Starting Virtual Machine(s).
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [NOTICE]: Command executing: $ vboxmanage startvm Whonix-Gateway-Xfce
VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine 'Whonix-Gateway-Xfce' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine
Waiting for VM "Whonix-Gateway-Xfce" to power on...
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [ERROR]: Virtual Machine Startup Result: FAIL
  - The installer succeeded with download and import, but
  - failed to start the virtual machines (VMs).
  - The root cause for this issue is likely not the installer.
  - This issue would likely also happen if the user tried to manually start the VMs.
  - This is likely happening due to the virtualization related warnings that have been reported above.
  - Resolving these issues (as per documentation hyperlinks above) would likely resolve this issue.
  https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox/Troubleshooting
neoisfree@neoisfree-B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2:~$ sudo bash ./whonix-xfce-installer-cli
[sudo] password for neoisfree: 
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [ERROR]: Non-Root Check: Running as root detected.
  - You are currently running this installer with root privileges.
  - This installer should not be run as root.
  - Please run as normal user.
whonix-xfce-installer-cli: [ERROR]: Installer aborting.
neoisfree@neoisfree-B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2:~$ 

So first it tells me to run the command as root, then says I can’t run the command as root and have to run it as normal user ?

I literally just want to get whonix running because i am being watched.

sitting here I am no good to anyone.

i guess the question is why is whonix not loading up ?

This must be fixed first. Only after you fixed this - which is totally unrelated to Whonix - you can re-run the installer.

Note: Whonix isn’t a magic pill against targeted surveillance with laser microphones pointed at the windows listening to keystrokes. (Such technology exists. No kidding.)

Also note: Please avoid such comments. This is a technology forum. Not for any other kinds of real life issues that Whonix conceptually cannot fix.