Looking for Friend To Guide Me With Whonix and Privacy

I am somewhat new to Whonix.

I would like to know more about how to run Whonix in a Raspberry Pi. I also have other privacy related topics I am interested in.

My level of knowledge is higher than beginner, but I am not an expert. I could use a friend.

Does anyone want to be friends with me? We could chat on Jabber/XMPP!

Not possible, contributors wanted.

Search the forum.

Whonix does not have a XMPP room, and if you ask an individul person, they may not have all answers but as you are sending the message specifically to them, they may feel obliged and discomforted to respond…

Not trying to say nobody will be friends with you on XMPP, just saying that you should not wait for that to start your journey.

This is my friend, the wiki Whonix Documentation, GitHub - Whonix/whonix-wiki-html: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Imprint.

Search past threads with keywords you’d like https://forums.whonix.org

Spend a lot of time reading the available material.

1 Like
1 Like

It is unfortunately highly unlikely to find an online volunteer teacher but I’d be happy to be wrong on this one. Good luck.

1 Like

Patrick, I’m always shocked when I see you respond. At the risk of sounding like a freak, I worship the ground you walk on.

Didn’t you basically create Whonix?

Whonix is incredible. I’m in awe that you even responded.

1 Like

Thank you!

It’s pretty difficult to explain to non-developers what was implemented by the Kicksecure / Whonix project and what wasn’t in simple terms. Easy to mistakenly underestimate or overestimate.

On Reasons for Freedom Software / Open Source we write:

We stand on the shoulders of giants - Whonix ™ and many other Libre software projects are only made possible because people invested in writing code that is kept accessible for the public benefit.

Countless freely available software packages such as Linux, GNU, Debian, Xfce, Tor and thousands more weren’t created by the Whonix project.

On Placing Trust in Whonix we write:

In one sense, Whonix ™ is the simple union of Debian and Tor and a mechanism to glue them together.

So countless people deserve attribution.

What was done can be seen here:

1 Like