[looking for contributor] third party feature requests

Could you work on these two please?

(Communication only tasks. No development required.)

Done sometime back :slight_smile: Whonix Forum

Its in the works.

Libguestfs is about inspecting files and controlling daemons inside a guest image - not relevant. But one thing that should be mentioned for security is to never load a guest disk image directly on the host without the hypervisor. Libguestfs is the only safe method advocated for if its a must but that has its pitfalls and should not be used if not necessary.

KVM dev post for reference:
https://www.berrange.com/posts/2013/02/20/a-reminder-why-you-should-never-mount-guest-disk-images-on-the-host-os/

This means this entire section for the shared folders should be thrown out IMO: File Transfer - Whonix

I forgot to mention in that post that at the time I did correspond with the devs behind Gnome Boxes and libvirt to ask about the design of the import library for our needs. I was told that Its in its early stages.

Its encouraging to know that this is in progress.

There are two parts here.

• command line support in libvirt
  • gui support in virt-manager

Are both being worked on?

[quote=“HulaHoop, post:2, topic:416”]KVM dev post for reference:
https://www.berrange.com/posts/2013/02/20/a-reminder-why-you-should-never-mount-guest-disk-images-on-the-host-os/

This means this entire section for the shared folders should be thrown out IMO: File Transfer - Whonix
Good catch. Deleting is not required. Documenting and referencing the risk should be sufficient.

Please update the tickets on Dev/KVM - Whonix. I would like to have this page for contributors to show what else can be done. Duplicating effort by me or someone else would be a pity.

There are two parts here.
  • command line support in libvirt
  • gui support in virt-manager

Details at the moment are scant its still in early stages, but as a standalone library its intended to be used behind multiple gui management interfaces besides Gnome Boxes so #2 is in the cards.

As for commanline support I didn’t ask TBH.