Live Snapshots don't work

KVM, Whonix-15.0.0.7.1: Live snapshots don’t work

When I want to start a saved live snapshot I always get error messages like this:

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-12-08T08:01:21.847930Z qemu-system-x86_64: Device ‘drive-virtio-disk0’ does not have the requested snapshot ‘snapshot1’

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 75, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 111, in tmpcb
callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/libvirtobject.py”, line 66, in newfn
ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py”, line 1105, in revert_to_snapshot
self._backend.revertToSnapshot(snap.get_backend())
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/libvirt.py”, line 2024, in revertToSnapshot
if ret == -1: raise libvirtError (‘virDomainRevertToSnapshot() failed’, dom=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-12-08T08:01:21.847930Z qemu-system-x86_64: Device ‘drive-virtio-disk0’ does not have the requested snapshot ‘snapshot1’

It only occurs with live-snapshots and with Whonix VMs.

For me it’s not a big deal, because “normal” snapshots are good enough, I only wanted to say, that this problem seems to exist (reproducible on two machines).

They don’t work when shared folders are attached. That’s because the machine state is not totally self contained for it to be archived.

Yes of course, that sounds logical. Thank your for the explanation.