LibreOffiec unstable since I updated to whonix 11

Was with whonix 9 for a while, when finally switched to 11 (clean install) i foudn that libreoffice was very unstable.
It will crash regularly upon saving, without saving the last stuff. Quite annoying. Already lost some work.

I’m asking here and not in Debian forum, because it was very stable in previous whonix, so thought it might be somehow related to a change in whonix 11? Even if that feels unlikely.

Well, is someone else having that issue?

Probably unrelated to Whonix.

Whonix 10, Debian wheezy based.
Whonix 11, Debian jessie based.

That makes a difference.

Your best bet is to try to reproduce on Debian jessie as per Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System.

Only one thing: check free RAM during run of libre office.

They just updated it today, so hoping that fixed it.

Since I have almost default setup, I imagined other whonix 11 users will have same issue, but I guess not.

They very well might.

If the root cause is already happening in Debian, then the same will happen in Whonix. The Whonix distribution / team is much too small to fix every issue that can happen in any package (many thousand) not developed under the Whonix umbrella.

If you care about some types of issues being fixed, the only realistic way is to try to reproduce them on plain Debian. And if applicable, help Debian and/or the original software distributor to fix them. Search for existing bug reports. Create a new one if applicable. Provide requested debug information. Test fixes. Then these fixes will also land in Whonix.

Sorry, yes, this is an awful service from a customer point of view. But we’re nowhere remotely near a of an all inclusive service product. This is Libre Software. Quote, “Users must be treated as co-developers.”

Yes this is completely understandable and I think that no one in their right mind will expect you to do so.
We are extremely grateful for what you already do!

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to do all that from above either, I would love to do so, but I really can’t afford it right now.

Just putting this here for anyone else that might have the same issue.

The last update doesn’t fix it but I found that it doesn’t crash with the very same VM image on another PC. Weird yes.