I am trying to use Ledger + VirtualBox + Whonix and when I try to connect the Ledger to Whonix in VirtualBox settings, I get “No device available” message.
- Ledger Nano X, firmware and apps up to date
- Host machine: Linux Mint 20.3, firmware and software up to date
- Whonix version: 220.127.116.11, software up to date
Steps to reproduce:
- Apply the udev rules needed for Ledger on Linux on both the host machine and the Whonix VM.
- Shut down Whonix VM, restart host machine
- Connect Ledger, enter Ledger PIN, open Monero app. Open Ledger Live and perform “genuine check” to make sure Ledger is detected, get confirmation that Ledger is genuine and connection is confirmed.
- Open VirtualBox on host machine. Click “Settings” on Whonix VM in VirtualBox, go to USB, check “Enable USB Controller”, click “Add filter”
- See error message “No device available”. Cannot proceed from here.
Any ideas about what the issue could be?