Internet issues

Hi, I just installed the virtualbox and whonix as well and did everything as on tutorial.
When I’m reaching to the tor browser and clicking on the check ip icon, I tried also on different websites, but anyways it says that Secure connection failed. I also did something from the faq page such as changing date and region to the real one, because I had different, and checked in command prompt „ sudo ping 8.8.8.8” it says to me this „ 10.52.152.152.11 icmp_seq1 Destination port unreachable ping: sendmsg: operation not permitted „
Internet works fine outside from the whonix, I’m also using vpn which is not a problem because I checked it without vpn. Please help me with this.

This is the only way to proceed in case of connection issues:

Citation required.

Don’t. See also:

Whonix-Workstation Firewall - Whonix chapter Ping in Whonix wiki

What if i have no files in etc folder? I want to upload this file from the GitHub but I don’t see anything else except /usr/local/etc and nothing here

Which instructions are saying to edit /usr/local/etc?

If they are, then the instructions are probably complete. Some files don’t exist there but can be created. Don’t look for extra steps. Consider the instructions might be complete.

/etc being empty is impossible.

Whonix specific part: To prevent package anon- apps-config from changing the timezone to UTC during upgrades, create either file /etc/noutc or /usr/local/etc/noutc .

This, I can’t see noutc folder in etc folder

It does not exist indeed. This is expected.

If the folder /usr/local/etc not exist, you need to create it.

/usr/local/etc/noutc is only useful for Qubes-Whonix. And it’s documented how to do that.

It says either this for or that file. It does not say “and”.

That part of the instructions are complete as is. Just follow. 1. 2. 3.

Yeah but I can’t even create a folder here, I’m clicking the right mouse button and the button for New folder is grey which means I can’t click it

Use the commands provided in the wiki or you need a file manger started with root access.

1 Like

I reinstalled the whonix workstation and the gateway, after running both, on workstation an error appeared

„ 1. ERROR: Tor Connection Result:

1. Tor’s Control Port could not be reached!
  • Troubleshooting:
    • Confirm that Whonix-Gateway is running.
    • Run systemcheck on Whonix-Gateway and confirm success.
    • If you’re running multiple Whonix-Workstations simultaneously, confirm that separate IP addresses are configured (see ht. whonix .org/wiki/Multiple_Whonix-Workstations).
    • Rerun systemcheck here in this Whonix-Workstation.
  • (Technical information:)
  1. (tor_circuit_established_check_exit_code: 255)

2. (tor_bootstrap_timeout_type: )

3. (tor_bootstrap_status: )

4. (check_socks_port_open_test: 56)

5. (Tor Circuit: not established)”

I really don’t know what to do, I’m not programmer

Please do as instructed.

I reinstalled it again and I had WiFi, but when I restarted machine then still have no internet

And how do I find terminal on whonix gateway?

Software Recommendations chapter Terminal in Kicksecure wiki

(Whonix is based on Kicksecure.)