Installing Virtualbox inside Workstation for using torified Windows as guest

Hi,

Because I often need some Windows applications to run, I need Windows, but with the protection of Whonix so all connections are torified.

As I am an ICT noob, I don’t think I can create a custom Windows Workstation myself. So I would like to know whether it’s possible to install Virtualbox inside Whonix Workstation and then add Windows as a guest OS.

What are important things to consider with this setup? Which networking option should I select for the Windows guest? NAT? Will all connections from the Windows guest be torified since the Whonix workstation itself is torified?

And what about storage space on the Whonix Workstation? Will the size of the virtual disk grow automatically or should I create more storage first on it?

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you all!

BTW, Whonix is the best anonymous system! Big respect for Adrelanos!

You could just use the Whonix gateway and set the Windows VM to use the same internal network as the workstation? I have been wondering about doing the same.

That would be this:

You probably know this page already, but I most times try to answer for multiple readers at once, see also:

I would like to know whether it's possible to install Virtualbox inside Whonix Workstation and then add Windows as a guest OS.
Yes.

Just now created a new documentation page with some hints:

What are important things to consider with this setup? Which networking option should I select for the Windows guest? NAT?
Any should work. Also apply as much from https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Other_Operating_Systems as possible.
Will all connections from the Windows guest be torified since the Whonix workstation itself is torified?
Yes.

That depends on the VirtualBox settings you choose. They suggest a 10 GB dynamically allocable (growable) by default. You can increase that value with no issue as long as the space does not get used and run out. The newly downloadable Whonix-Custom-Workstation (News - Whonix Forum) comes with a 100 GB dynamically allocable image by default.