Installing Haveno in Whonix

Having a difficult time properly installing and running Haveno.
I’ve been falling the haveno guide under the linux section. Is there something that I’m missing

1 Like

Whatever you’re doing mostly no special guide required. Same way you would use for Debian should work.

1 Like

What is about the risk of a Tor-over-Tor scenario?

I assume it will be installed on a Whonix Template i.e. whonix-workstation-17-haveno

Big.

1 Like

How can Haveno be used securely along with Whonix?

Therefore, Tor over Tor configurations are strongly discouraged.

Not possible unless the application allows being used without built-in Tor. Check if that is possible, post a feature request or implement the feature.

1 Like

Thank you!

In Haveno settings you can choose in the section ‘Use Tor for Monero network’: Never

Does that mean with that setting we can install Haveno on a new Whonix-Workstation Template whonix-workstation-17-haveno and use it with an AppVM anon-whonix-haveno securely and stream isolated without having a Tor-over-Tor scenario?

Stream isolation? I don’t know why you bring that up.

Sorry, it is obvious hat stream isolation is in place with every separate AppVM. Am I right?

But back to my initial question: Will using Haveno with the mentioned setting prevent from a Tor-over-Tor scenario and ensure the secure use of Haveno?

Haveno is a strange and low quality fork of bisq. I recommend to refer to its documentation to solve most of the problems.

That might be the case.

You’re using software which few are using. Hence, unlikely to get a response.

You can only verify this by yourself if you don’t trust this setting being functional.

Untested.