install Feather by default

If you don’t want to leave it just hollow, you can add Feather wallet for Monero. Very lightweight, privacy and security focused wallet.

3 Likes

You mean install Feather by default?

3 Likes

yep, you guys already have Electrum for Bitcoin, so why not feather for Monero? :slight_smile: Feature comparison | Feather Wallet Documentation comparison between monero CLI and GUI.

3 Likes

related to:

1 probably blocker (without looking any further) is that it’s unavailable from packages.debian.org. I could not even find an RFP (request for packaging).

Anyone interested could send an RFP to Debian.

Would also help to keep the related forum discussions in good shape:
https://forums.whonix.org/search?q=feather

2 Likes

Asked the dev and they replied with:

1 Like

At this point, no applications are installed by default sourced from Flathub.

related:
Kicksecure Flathub Repository Default Settings

1 Like

The official Flatpak for Feather is not hosted on Flathub due to security concerns.

This means by default it will not be possible to install unverified or non-freedom software Flatpaks.

If this means that installing Flatpaks from remotes other than Flathub is not possible by default, I would ask you to reconsider.

I’m referring to users choosing to install Feather using Flatpak here, not whether Feather is installed on Whonix by default. Although, I would of course like to see the latter happen some day, if there is a way to achieve this without compromising our release security. (All releases must be bootstrappable, verifiably reproducible, and users must be able to easily verify the signature).

1 Like

This means by default it will not be possible to install unverified or non-freedom software Flatpaks.

I’ll add or reword soon to say “from Flathub”.

Making it harder for the user to add custom Flatpak repositories such as Feather is:

• not implemented,
  • not planned.
1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like