When i mentioned Ethereum I am referring to:
There are use cases other Ethereum for chaining a VPN after Tor. For instance some web sites block Tor users. A workaround would be to use the above chain. All I am saying is this is an option that you could use but you need to make sure you do:
- Use anonymous email if your provider requires a email address for registration.
- Use the email address for this specific VPN registration and nothing else
- Use a pseudonymous payment method. https://whonix.org/wiki/Money
- Use Tor when signing up for VPN
- Use this VPN in this chain configuration only. Do not use these VPN credentials for
User->VPN->Tor->Internet. If you do your VPN service provider will know the ip address from where your client connected from.
Some things you need to keep in mind if you do choose to use a VPN:
- Your VPN service provider can see your clearnet traffic regardless of how you chain them.  See below for exception
- Your VPN service provider can see the ip address from which your client is logged in from if using:
I’m not an expert but I know Ubuntu is not known for respecting users privacy. I don’t know if it would really matter since your using a live version.
Your setup sound OK to me. As long as you use Whonix I think you will be alright. The best advice I could give you would be to read through the entire Whonix documentation. There is a lot of information on anonymity in there.
You should be. If Whonix was not secure it could be more easily exploited. Then It would increase the risk of de-anonymization.
Unfortunately it just takes time.There a lot of documentation (and forum threads). The way I learn is by reading the documentation and going through and reading the different threads on the Forum. A lot of the discussions on the forums tie in together. You have to learn about many different thing to really understand what you should and shouldn’t do ( for anonymity ).
Also remember that most of the info I’m giving you comes from memory. That info is scattered throughout the docs and forum threads. I try to add links when I can but I don’t always have the time or can’t recall the exact page I’m quoting info from.
 Your VPN provider will only see your Tor traffic if you configure you VPN inside Whonix-Gateway