our own “anonuser” introduced us to VPN Gate at https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,49.msg354.html#msg354
I feel it useful to avoid exit node bans, i.e. user -> Tor -> VPN, and researched a bit. Now, my idea:
At http://www.vpngate.net/api/iphone/ VPN Gate provides a csv that actually contains base64-encoded Openvpn configuration. I would feel it valuable to come up with an interactive script/parser that does the following:
- Wget the csv
- present VPNs upon criterias (to be defined), e.g. Country, Speed, LogType.
- Now - “sort” comes to my mind here - user may select a particular VPN from a narrowed list
- VPN-specific base64-encoded string > decode > pipe to openvpn client > connect.
- (optional) recycling of steps 2) to 4).
Now, my questions:
- has anyone already scripted something along these lines (to avoid re-inventing the wheel)?
- do you feel it just as valuable as I do?
- any thoughts/suggestions?