I2P Integration

Yes there is definitely a key problem from the instructions.

I keep getting the issue of an untrusted public key not found after the instructions of:

To import asc key files into trusted.gpg.d they must be converted into a .gpg keychain file first.

user@host:~$ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./i2p-pubkey.gpg --import i2p-debian-repo.key.asc

So I tried to instead install the deb packages… the i2p-keyring, privoxy, killyourtv-keyring and i2prouter… no such luck…

No worries, @HulaHoop found the Problem :

Yes, i’ll try to fix this asap, but i’m unable to test atm because i’m in hospital for the next days :frowning:

You could use apt-key add after verifiyng the key (not recommended though)

1 Like

@goldstein-otg I hope everything is OK. Get well soon.

That’s a relief. I’ve added the missing configuration options to my builds and made sure they work with 7.5.4. I’m also switching to making the tar.gz’s and deb’s available as releases rather than keeping them in the repository, and there’s a privoxy version which is the same as the others, but configured to use localhost:8118.

Thanks, i’ll try my best to be back asap and fix the remaining issues.

Edit:
I’m back, give me a couple of hours to be back on track…

1 Like

A couple of Questions:

it downloads a configuration file from PurpleI2P: https://github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pdbrowser/raw/master/linux/build/preferences/syspref.js and sets it as the profile preferences in the TorBrowser instead.

Why do you replace the syspref.js ? AFAIK this is only useful to stock Firefox and not TBB, i guess this would create a unique Fingerprint

It also adds a line to keep your i2p use from being detectable requests for resources on your i2p router’s administration page.

Could you please point me to that line ?

Do you plan on maintaining it for a while (if smth breaks) ?

@HulaHoop I’m unable to edit the first Post ,the Edit button is completely missing, i can edit other Posts though, is there a limit to how often one can edit a Post ?
Edit:
I can edit almost every post except the ones before 23 March… i guess this has something to do with discourse settings? @Patrick
How can i edit the top Post now ?

@0brand @entr0py is there any way you could make my top post editable again ?

Nothing I can do my side to let you edit unfortunately. It may be a server side option. However if you are a mod you should be able to edit it whenever you want. @Patrick can you promote Goldstein please?

I would suggest: post the desired new top post as a comment in this
thread and then ask a moderator to replace the top post with your new
content.

I rather create a Git repo and change it there,it would be a waste of time for both sides and the thread would get unnecessarily longer because of small fixes and error.

Alternatively a moderator could also delete the post with the request
for top posting after updating the top post.

Or these wish for update of top post requests could be posted in a
separate thread or even by e-mail if a moderator wants that.

git however also sounds good.

Please add this Link to the top Post @HulaHoop
https://github.com/mutedstorm/Whonix-I2P/blob/master/Whonix-I2P-Guide.md

1 Like

I can’t find the Solution to this error ,have you tested importing the Key the way we describe it ?

Err:4 https://deb.i2p2.de stretch InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 67ECE5605BCF1346

apt-key list shows me the Key

/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/i2p-debian-repo.key.gpg
----------------------------------------------
pub   rsa4096 2013-10-10 [SC] [expires: 2018-10-13]
      7840 E761 0F28 B904 7535  49D7 67EC E560 5BCF 1346
uid           [ unknown] I2P Debian Package Repository <killyourtv@i2pmail.org>
sub   rsa4096 2014-03-21 [S] [expires: 2018-10-13]

Almost everywhere it’s suggested to use apt-key add or adv, which doesn’t help.

Any Idea ?

There is something broken in their repo or GPG since the last time I tried this and successfully added the repo no problem. I think the best ting to do is bring it to their attention on twitter or IRC?

The Repo is fine, when i add the Key via apt-key add it works, thats what bothers me the most.

Well that’s further than I managed to get today. As long as it works and can be verified beforehand its OK.
Even using apt-key didn’t fix it for me…

What Version of Whonix ? 14?
I’ll test it today with a fresh Template again

Yes 14