I cannot import whonix gateway ova in virtual box!

I tried everything, i looked for commands online, nothing works. I cannot even verify the whonix files, or download the key to verify them, every time I get some type of error. I have Xubuntu in a 8gb usb key, sometimes I get among other “not enough space” even if I am following a guide which says that 8 gb are enough.

Good day,

yes, 8GB of FREE SPACE is enough, but if you’ve gotten Ubuntu installed on your 8GB pen drive, you’ve already used up about 4-6gb.

Have a nice day,

Ego

So how much space do i need? And how should i partitionate the usb space? I was following a guide which said to divide the usb space in 2, one 2 gb fat32 and 6 gb in nfl (or how it is called)

Good day,

like I’ve said you need 8GB of unused space. This is the space you have left, after installing your host os.

Have a nice day,

Ego

In which format? Fat32? So if i use a common 16gb usb stick 2.0 all in fat32 is ok?

It does not matter, as long as the host operating system is capable to run the virtualizer (here: VirtualBox).

However, to my knowledge, generally and unrelated to Whonix, when using Linux you are better off using native Linux file systems such as ext4.

I have tried to put whonix gateway and workstation on a normal usb file in fat32. I get “settings wont be imported” then i see the files in usb but they are 0kb big, which means they have not been imported. I need to put them on usb so i can bring whonix on the portable pc where i will use it. So I am trying to format the usb in nfts instead to see if I can bring the damn files.
I have really no idea what to do to make a working usb based on Linux/xubuntu or debian with a working whonix machine.
I downloaded whonix on ny desktop pc then put usb key with xubuntu with virtual box and I had whonix working. Then put same key in my portable pc and it did not work: it said that whonix was inaccessible.
Why?

Good day,

which size does your new drive have? 16GB for Whonix+Host is always a good “rule of thumb”.

Have a nice day,

Ego

It is 32 gb. Partitioned in 20 and 12 left.

Good day,

the way you’ve set it up at last was correct, if it really worked on your “setup PC”. The thing is, that for whonix to work, there need to be certain things in place. I’m guessing, your second PC doesn’t support VT-x, or something similar, though to really say that, the entire error message would be necessary.

Have a nice day,

Ego