Electrum’s site has been getting DDOS’d lately, and they’re using Cloudflare now. As a result, I have not been able to download anything from https://download.electrum.org via
wget in a few days. I think this situation may persist indefinitely, so this is something to keep in mind as it affects the wiki.
Using Tor Browser for the download works consistently.
Maybe there’s a way to mimic the browser with
curl? I tried to use the same header that TB sends, but I didn’t trick Cloudflare. Here is what I used in that case (maybe I didn’t do it correct):
curl -v -A 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0' -H 'host: electrum.org' -H 'accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8' -H 'accept-language: en-US,en;q=0.5' -H 'accept-encoding: gzip, deflate, br' -H 'referer: https://download.electrum.org/' -LO "https://download.electrum.org/3.3.8/electrum-3.3.8-x86_64.AppImage" -O "https://download.electrum.org/3.3.8/electrum-3.3.8-x86_64.AppImage.asc"
This is always what I end up with:
user@host:~$ head electrum-3.3.8-x86_64.AppImage
<!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie6 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie7 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8]> <html class="no-js ie8 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]-->
<!--[if gt IE 8]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="en-US"> <!--<![endif]-->
<title>Attention Required! | Cloudflare</title>
<meta name="captcha-bypass" id="captcha-bypass" />
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />