Hello there, I’m really getting crazy here. I got this problem from almost a month.
For a long list of reasons I use whonix workstation with whonix gateway, but sometimes I use also that same whonix gateway with a windows xp workstation.
Right now this is what I tried:
- Download a new windows xp .iso and install it
- Download new whonix gateway to use only with win xp
When it happens: every damn time I use the browser and (some) other software.
Problem: basically all hidden services websites works without a single issue… clearnet websites work for a minute or less, then they become unreachable. I got NO WAY of connecting to the said website.
In detail here’s what happens:
1.Let’s say I visit whonix.org.
2. I visit the website like always via firefox… however after 20 seconds the server becomes impossible to reach.
3. I try to click any link that has whonix.org in the url, result: Impossible to reach server.
4. No matter what I do, press F5 doesn’t work, it does refresh the website but it looks like the browser doesn’t even try to load the website.
5. I try to restart tor service on whonix gateway, the problem persists.
6. After 10 to 20 minutes. Out of the blue, the website whonix.org, works again… for max 20 seconds then back to point 2. Server impossible to reach.
I tried with many browsers, including IE (yes I got that desperate) and IE it’s the only one that tells me that I have an FTP problem, but probably IE is wrong, we know IE is always wrong.
I really dunno what’s happening here, why I have these problem with windows workstation and not with whonix workstation???
Oh btw, IMPORTANT NOTE: I always worked this way, more than 1 year, and windows workstation always worked without issues in browser and all… I guess I’m having this problem since my last update to whonix gateway 11… all my problems began with that version of whonix.
Anyone is going by this hell like me? It’s really a critical problem to me and extremely stressful. It’s literally impossible to me to navigate to clearnet websites.
I love whonix workstation but unfortunately sometimes I forced to use that bitch of windows.
My main OS is Linux Lubuntu if that matters.
edit: almost forgot, I use VirtualBox cause I don’t have alternatives currently (I don’t have intel-vt…)