How to uninstall Guest Additions?

Good Evening!
First of all i want to thank all the people who are constantly working on Whonix and for making it free and open for everyone to use!

I just started using Whonix and kicked off by copying and applying my tor config in the Gateway machine.
To do that i had to install the Guest Additions first.
Now my Problem is, that i am not able to uninstall them.
When i try to rightclick and press eject in Dolphin file manager i get the following error message:

“The requested operation has failed.: Error starting job: Failed to execute child process “eject” (No such file or directory).”

I know that the Guest Additions are mounted, because i can still change the resolution by draggging the window larger or smaller.

I still have a few general questions regarding the Guest Additions.

I have already read that installing the Guest Additions is considered to be a Security risk.

Is that so because one could enable options like a shared folder or shared clipboard which would make it easier for an attacker to reach the host system?
Is the installation of the Guest Additions still a risk if you have all those options disabled and only use the Additions for higher resolution options they offer?

kind regards,

huttorihanzo

To uninstall them… If you installed them using these instructions (https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox_Guest_Additions) using the package manager apt-get, you can uninstall them using the package manager apt-get.

sudo apt-get purge virtualbox-guest-dkms virtualbox-guest-utils virtualbox-guest-x11 sudo apt-get autoremove

Then reboot. That’s all.

You might also be interested in this:

[quote=“huttorihanzo, post:1, topic:373”]Good Evening!
First of all i want to thank all the people who are constantly working on Whonix and for making it free and open for everyone to use![/quote]
You’re welcome!

"The requested operation has failed.: Error starting job: Failed to execute child process "eject" (No such file or directory)."
Probably unrelated.
Is that so because one could enable options like a shared folder or shared clipboard which would make it easier for an attacker to reach the host system?
No.
Is the installation of the Guest Additions still a risk if you have all those options disabled and only use the Additions for higher resolution options they offer?
Yes. (In theory because they're extra drivers, which weaken isolation between host/guest.)

Thank you that made it work and with the extra command on the host machine as described in the tutorial i achieved a screen resolution of 1440x900.