How to tunnel a vmware VM through the virtualbox whonix-gateway?

hey guys, I have the gateway and workstation working great in virtualbox. however, I have another VM that is running another linux distro, but it is in VMware. Is there an easy way to bridge this vm into the virtualbox “internal network” ? I have read the docs on setting up another GNU/Linux distro, but that is placing the distro inside of a virtualbox VM, not vmware.

I have tried a lot of different combinations, like binding on a 3rd network interface to the host-only port and then bridging in the vmware through that device, but I havent been able to get any internet connectivity…

Unrelated, I recently upgraded Whonix from 8 → 9, and (as per the upgrade docs), I keep having to run “sudo service msgcollector restart” in order for whonixcheck to work. Is there anyway to get this automated at boot up?

I personally wouldn’t mix them up. With such experiments you increase the likelihood of messing up something.

Likely you will have a hard time finding people who did that. However, the Whonix specificness of that question is limited. Also as per Whonix - Overview if you really want to do this, I recommend to learn first how to do something similar without involving Whonix. If you figured out, add Whonix to the mix.

Not a big fan of VMware anyhow:

Unrelated, I recently upgraded Whonix from 8 -> 9, and (as per the upgrade docs), I keep having to run "sudo service msgcollector restart" in order for whonixcheck to work. Is there anyway to get this automated at boot up?
Please post a separate topic. That's a bug we should diagnose and fix.