[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [NEWS] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [DONATE]

How To Set Up A TOR Middlebox Routing All VirtualBox Virtual Machine Traffic Over The TOR Network?

How To Set Up How To Set Up A TOR Middlebox Routing All VirtualBox Virtual Machine Traffic Over The TOR Network?

is exact what I want. But the error following in Ubuntu 18.04:

A TOR Middlebox Routing All VirtualBox Virtual Machine Traffic Over The TOR Network?

is exact what I want. But the error following in Ubuntu 18.04:

root@lbaa:~# lsof -i :53

COMMAND    PID            USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
systemd-r  426 systemd-resolve   12u  IPv4    752      0t0  UDP localhost:domain 
systemd-r  426 systemd-resolve   13u  IPv4    753      0t0  TCP localhost:domain (LISTEN)
root@lbaa:~# /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart 
[....] Restarting dnsmasq (via systemctl): dnsmasq.serviceJob for dnsmasq.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status dnsmasq.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
 failed!
root@lbaa:~# systemctl status dnsmasq.service
● dnsmasq.service - dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dnsmasq.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-05-13 11:56:52 UTC; 11s ago
  Process: 1856 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dnsmasq systemd-exec (code=exited, status=2)
  Process: 1855 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --test (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

May 13 11:56:52 lbaa systemd[1]: Starting dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server...
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa dnsmasq[1855]: dnsmasq: syntax check OK.
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa dnsmasq[1856]: dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa dnsmasq[1856]: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa dnsmasq[1856]: FAILED to start up
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa systemd[1]: dnsmasq.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=2
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa systemd[1]: dnsmasq.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 13 11:56:52 lbaa systemd[1]: Failed to start dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server.

Hi ciocleaw

I believe this may be what your looking for:

Related:

Whonix May be not what I want because bridges are blocked in China, you can tunnel Tor through some proxy in this case for making a Tor connection, which is hard to do in whonix, do you have other idea to the Tor connection easier than the topic?

If bridges don’t work in China then you are SOL because they are at the forefront of protocol spoofing research.

Some users have reported success with Lantern in China.
https://getlantern.org/zh_CN/
https://forums.whonix.org/search?q=lantern

That is unsupported here. But you can try posting in the Chinese Whonix forum: https://forums.whonix.org/c/chinese

How Lantern be the proxy for Gateway

Hi ciocleaw

Please read through the links entr0py provided. Most (all ?) of the Whonix specific lantern documentation can be found there.

Is this article:Connect to a Proxy Before Tor: User -> Proxy -> Tor -> Internet

what’s the password of the account: tunnel? when I issue sudo -u tunnel /path/to/proxyprogram it asks for password.

Or, how do I setup a remote computer as I have 2 computers in hand?

It’s actually most likely asking for the user’s password so you can use sudo. See:

Unsupported.