How To Install TarBall File

So ive been trying to get truecrypt from this tarball file for the last 2 hours… I hate to seem so incapable of things but every thing ive goggled has been different not to mention none of it was worked…so apprently im suppose to somehow unpack this file and install it and im lost.

give me a break everyone has to start somewhere… Ive had whonix for 2 years but just recently started really using it…

Don’t bother with TrueCrypt as it’s deprecated.

Also very little specific to Whonix as per:
Free Support for Whonix ™

But from my understanding its still secure…no one has yet to prove other wise…and as for you link referral…im assuming that youre saying this isnt the place to ask that question because it doesnt specifcally deal with a whonix issue, but rather a linux issue?

Might be. But not wise as a user to invest lots of energy into a deprecated project. Once a bug is maybe-found, no one - meaning the developers of the software - will put work into figuring that out.

Yes.

well, do you mind pointing me in the right direction…theres alot of incorrect and highly outdated info out there and its giving me a mite bit fruserating time

Mostly ignore software that is not installable from official Debian repository. Use it only if there are no alternatives there. That should cover encryption and most other tasks.

Why do you want to run truecrypt in the VM?
Encrypt your “real” system drive and the drive the VM data is on (if it’s not on the system drive) with full disk encryption. Since you most likely use Windows, you can either use Truecrypt 7.1a or the new VeraCrypt (which has not been verified yet). The encryption of TC is still perfectly secure (and if the NSA wants you, they have other means to get your password anyway).

Good day,

TC though has a proven bug which can lead to escalation of rights and thus allow an adversary to gain root/admin rights.

Have a nice day,

Ego

well, it works fine with me and im not doing anything that anyone would want to spend the resources or time to get into it so ill settle with it…now if only i could get it installed

Good day,

Like recommended before by @Patrick, simply use the official repository for installation, everything else isn’t verified. Also, like mentioned before, this isn’t a Whonix related problem. If you need support for this, please ask it in the respective forum for the OS you want to install TC on.

Have a nice day,

Ego

there isnt an offcial repository installation for TC is there?

Good day,

Hard to tell, differs form OS to OS. Arch still has it in the user maintained repository, Debian doesn’t for security reasons. It simply shouldn’t be used any more.

Like said before by multiple people, this isn’t the right place to ask such a question. Please ask in the forum for the OS used as a base.

Have a nice day,

Ego