How to change screen resolution in Gateway non-graphical

Hi all,
I would like to know command line to change screen resolution to 800x600 px.
I used to launch Whonix-Gateway with graphical KDE desktop but it’s too “heavy” for my old machine.
Regards,

I am sorry to say, this isn’t any easier than it is. Also related:

Default resolution for non-graphical Whonix-Gateway should be 1024x768 by default. Isn’t this the default for you already? (Could be…) Is 1024x768 too much for your monitor?

This can be configured in /etc/default/grub.

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Change line.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="vga=0x0317 apparmor=1 security=apparmor"

To.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="vga=0x0315 apparmor=1 security=apparmor"

Then run.

sudo update-grub

Then reboot.

sudo reboot

And see if it worked.

The 0x0315 is the magic value here. It may depend on your individual hardware. You may need to run “sudo apt-get install hwinfo” and “hwfinfo --framebuffer” to find out these values. See also search term “How do I increase console-mode resolution?”.

[quote=“Patrick, post:2, topic:336”]Change line.

To.

Hi, I’m trying to get higher resolution to my Gateway guest in Virtualbox (fresh install) because it’s really tiny now.

I’ve checked the file you mentioned but I couldn’t find that line in its present version.

Well there’s a line that says :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"

Any idea of what I should do now ?

Thanks

Figure out doing it using Debian jessie as per Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System. That gives you access to a much bigger support community. After learning how to do that, the same solution should work for Whonix since it’s based on Debian jessie.

Hi, despite the searches I’ve made I couldn’t find any solution to this problem.

If someone knows what to do, would he/she be kind enough to help ?

Thanks

This got better with VirtualBox VMSVGA.

VirtualBoxclick a VMSettingsDisplayGraphics ControllerVMSVGAOK

Will be default in Whonix 15.0.0.9.4 and above.