How can I check if Tor is connected through a bridge in "Arm"

Hello,

Just wanted to know how can I check to see if Tor is connected through bridges I’ve defined in torrc? I added 3 bridges in torrc but still the 3rd option in “Whonix connection wizard” (Tor is censored or dangerous in my area) is disabled. I’ve tried running tor via first option and checked Arm to see if bridges working but it seems to me that there is a problem as it shows bridge available but get bridge line didn’t parse error. How can I be sure that my connection is through one of the pre-defined bridges? or how can I make the 3rd option in Whonix connection wizard available?

thanks in advance

Just wanted to know how can I check to see if Tor is connected through bridges I’ve defined in torrc?

The UseBridges 1 option makes sure Tor only connects to bridges. Checking this is difficult. Use a bridge firewall ( corridor ) and/or a network analyizer.

News - Whonix Forum

I added 3 bridges in torrc but still the 3rd option in “Whonix connection wizard” (Tor is censored or dangerous in my area) is disabled.

This is expected. That option is not implemented. It only shows a tooltip when you hover over that option by mice. That’s all.

I’ve tried running tor via first option

That is fine after you added bridges to torrc. However, all it does is commenting in DisableNetwork 0 in torrc.

and checked Arm to see if bridges working but it seems to me that there is a problem as it shows bridge available but get bridge line didn’t parse error.

You need to post the full message [with IPs / ports redacted] as it is difficult to make head or tail of this otherwise.

Don’t worry too much about arm, it has many usability issues: Control and Monitor Tor

How can I be sure that my connection is through one of the pre-defined bridges?

Dunno what you mean by pre-defined bridges.

how can I make the 3rd option in Whonix connection wizard available?

(as explained above why…) You cannot.

See also:

Many thanks for fast response,

I’ve checked my torrc and “UseBridge 1” is uncommented as it should be, so you mean by this Tor I forced it to connect through bridge at the first tier? Is it for sure ?.

You need to post the full message [with IPs / ports redacted] as it is difficult to make head or tail of this otherwise

I don’t know where should I look for an extended log, /var/log/tor/log ? is it enough ?

Yes.

It is as secure as you can reasonably get Tor.

Yes.
Tor Documentation for Whonix Users