[Help Welcome] KVM Development - staying the course

Done at last. Uploaded. Up and running on my end with all the wiki instructions tested and working.

I ended up pressing ‘c’ to override the errors and it worked, signing everything and producing valid sigs.

The command for gpg-agent for reference though I’m not sue it helped is:

echo -e “pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt\nno-grab\nignore-cache-for-signing\nmax-cache-ttl 7200\npinentry-timeout 86400” | tee ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

You might want to add signify-openbsd as a build dep for the dev guide if you haven’t already.

So far so good. Beautiful theme. I like how users are advised to select highest sec on TBB first run. Amazing stuff. Will put out a new release notice at some point today.

1 Like

sudo or not.
The usage of \n (which is included in that command) does not work.

Please look at the resulting configuration file and check if it looks as intended. It doesn’t.

1 Like

The forum software is formatting my quotes into the italic type that would indeed not give proper formatting but the ones I used on my end were the normal ones.

1 Like

Please use code tags for code, not quote. Like this:

```
code
```

1 Like

Note: Dev/Build Documentation/VM: Difference between revisions - Whonix

1 Like
1 Like

Fixed:

Mistake with video setting in GW, kicksecure and custom WS prevents them form starting.

Removed rombar off because having it enabled for more than 1 NIC caused the GW to freak out

Question: Are we already providing Kicksecure releases?

I’ll do another build once accepted since 15.0.0.6.8 includes these problems. I don’t see the point of linking to that build now.

Life would be easier if users actually bothered testing these things and reported back…

A post was merged into an existing topic: AppArmor for Complete System - Including init, PID1, Systemd, Everything! - Full System MAC policy

Merged.

Yes.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: use sudoedit in Whonix documentation and Whonix software

File:Kvmbanner-logo26.png - Whonix

KVM: Difference between revisions - Whonix

1 Like

@Patrick just noticed xpdf silently fails to run when trying to open a pdf in 15.0.0.6.6

can you reproduce that? Any logs needed?

Scratch that, the file is malformed

@Patrick git instruction on the dev page - git doesn’t seem to recognize the --recursive-submodules parameter but this worked:

git checkout --recurse-submodules 15.0.0.7.1-developers-only

1 Like

Thanks, fixed.

1 Like

@59mpci2GJ5xlHhY

Does shared folder auto mounting still work for you in Whonix and Kicksecure? @Hulahoop

1 Like

Yes I’m using it as we speak :wink:

1 Like

Please review KVM/Minimalized Installation: Difference between revisions - Whonix

1 Like