Goodbye

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Hello everyone,

I have decided to bring my role with Qubes + Whonix to a close.

I am sensing a growing divergence of values within the project that make my investment of effort better spent on other platforms long-term.

I kicked off the Qubes + Whonix project in July of 2014 with the hope it could become a strong freedom tool.

Qubes is great as a general security platform.

Whonix is great as a general anonymity platform.

Qubes + Whonix was to combine the two and be a great security + anonymity platform.

Qubes + Whonix is generally still a great tool, but the project now seems oriented towards being developed as more of a cool tech product, compared to a serious freedom tool.

Others involved may disagree with that assessment, or hold other views, but that's okay.

The greater freedom objective of security + anonymity tools is too important to me, for taking casually or cutting fundamental corners with.

My opinion is independent of the primary Qubes or Whonix projects, and only relevant to the current Qubes + Whonix sub-project.

I think it will just be too much of an uphill battle for me to try and direct the Qubes + Whonix project towards the desired philosophy of development.

So my motivation is undermined by the diminished ability to realize such a freedom-centric vision for Qubes + Whonix.

It is hard for people to take the protection of freedom seriously when they perceive it as an inherent given of modern times.

But I think Qubes and Whonix will generally do good together and many users will continue to reap the relative benefits of the two together.

I plan to continue being a user myself, until I discover or launch the next project that can move interested people towards freedom-focused security + anonymity.

My apologies for the abrupt notice and any unfinished work as a result of this transition.

I've enjoyed the last year working with the people in the Qubes and Whonix communities.

Best wishes to you all! :)

Goodbye,

WhonixQubes

Email: whonixqubes {at} riseup {dot} net

GitHub: https://github.com/WhonixQubes

Fingerprint: FF14 40DC EB9F 5A4D EB17 C4EB EC6C 0492 8F67 BC12

P.S. I do not have control over the integrity of past writings of mine, so please consider all unsigned messages from me as untrusted and potentially fabricated or altered.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=BNNF
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

what? :-\

u must be kidding ? but hold on a sec who said whonixqubes that we know is him who wrote this message ?!

anyhow if u r the same person that we know, and u r saying that u r leaving this idea without any harassment or someone is forcing u to do it , then u need to back to ur mind again this is madness when ppl of bad r uniting and we r dividing.

but hope to c u soon , and never goodbye again :slight_smile:

OpenPGP signature checks out.

This comes surprising to say the least.

Thanks for all your work!

[quote=“WhonixQubes, post:1, topic:1053”][code]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Hello everyone,

I have decided to bring my role with Qubes + Whonix to a close.

I am sensing a growing divergence of values within the project that make my investment of effort better spent on other platforms long-term.

I kicked off the Qubes + Whonix project in July of 2014 with the hope it could become a strong freedom tool.

Qubes is great as a general security platform.

Whonix is great as a general anonymity platform.

Qubes + Whonix was to combine the two and be a great security + anonymity platform.

Qubes + Whonix is generally still a great tool, but the project now seems oriented towards being developed as more of a cool tech product, compared to a serious freedom tool.

Others involved may disagree with that assessment, or hold other views, but that’s okay.

The greater freedom objective of security + anonymity tools is too important to me, for taking casually or cutting fundamental corners with.

My opinion is independent of the primary Qubes or Whonix projects, and only relevant to the current Qubes + Whonix sub-project.

I think it will just be too much of an uphill battle for me to try and direct the Qubes + Whonix project towards the desired philosophy of development.

So my motivation is undermined by the diminished ability to realize such a freedom-centric vision for Qubes + Whonix.

It is hard for people to take the protection of freedom seriously when they perceive it as an inherent given of modern times.

But I think Qubes and Whonix will generally do good together and many users will continue to reap the relative benefits of the two together.

I plan to continue being a user myself, until I discover or launch the next project that can move interested people towards freedom-focused security + anonymity.

My apologies for the abrupt notice and any unfinished work as a result of this transition.

I’ve enjoyed the last year working with the people in the Qubes and Whonix communities.

Best wishes to you all! :slight_smile:

Goodbye,

WhonixQubes

Email: whonixqubes {at} riseup {dot} net

GitHub: WhonixQubes · GitHub

Fingerprint: FF14 40DC EB9F 5A4D EB17 C4EB EC6C 0492 8F67 BC12

P.S. I do not have control over the integrity of past writings of mine, so please consider all unsigned messages from me as untrusted and potentially fabricated or altered.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQJ8BAEBCgBmBQJVQSiqXxSAAAAAAC4AKGlzc3Vlci1mcHJAbm90YXRpb25zLm9w
ZW5wZ3AuZmlmdGhob3JzZW1hbi5uZXQ5OERBQ0EzNTJGQjRCMjlEODg3RUMyOEZB
QzM0NzREMUJGQTUzQ0RCAAoJEKw0dNG/pTzbazkQALAIoc0xfUAoI0jB4EmI7jJP
ycV2z77hdUKHkES0bXLCV2/mBvxSG4J1KVY4zD5uQH03j9vmACFgx6N8Iq/JSKfD
yah+3Yjk3Kt/o/VNghg62YOBF7JIGTruTttS4R7UoPp/DwTtjhRmVhOFulTo4iVf
qfJx2zVG7C9jxqUI2t/l09u2QUDxUE6VD8EyI8F/4+NTag0dVaILY8kG0lZJqjr0
wxLdnnq7wjXAGX8c/J8mAOJhHwIhv7xqEoFl6FWv007p4lpemC/ToUofjSYxNiM1
MrQlKfw9r7YFnVXOUtHOPmUG9+dL2Jj0gpRvZOuuAn2Ub0ENE4+7YRmbvSyTDRYZ
hmIrkuPW3TOL2McBkzzK7UtS3/s/Y7tmnGmThDM/O3HXDgx67RlomPWarAXK55HP
+FfYsZ2rC3XbKKs5rlIItgspVv1iXpr2p1IHwvG6ZmXCwl2eFMoMBfU19iYMkrhB
dqAVoZSbe3k2Zr6iqW780Ar3IuqO/VL9edFCloIdQ7e46LVO/gLhi6yG3VMgBn2b
q2SggVnB9OLeeY6/i5rtvTs6yMeur1IfAfACPmFbmxe8sdTh/GUyxS1vOD6ljIXm
VrW/b4xu8N6KVTNan+3vuI/A5zrayTbuB69uRkHBrxPs32/kXpEG19tOz483gkbu
niAwncBuOwOQL4TPZAif
=BNNF
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
[/code][/quote]

So that’s why this shit’s not working anymore. It’s one thing to leave, it’s another thing to be all QQ omg I’m gonna send everyone an update so they can’t use Whonix on Qubes anymore. LOL Xen-hvm suddenly “isn’t supported,” yeah real classy.

literally the only fucking reason i downloaded this shitty buggy operating system was to use whonix on it. You literally can’t do SHIT on qubes EXCEPT whonix

Very unlikely, that there is a relation. One reason, because WhonixQubes doesn’t have the keys to pull this off.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

wish you good luck for the rest!

I’m very sad now… was waiting for the upgrade of whonix Qubes 3.0 ^^

Where should i go guys to get a very good anonymity and security over the web now?

Thanks again whonix Qubes!!!

Sorry to hear this. Thanks for your work WhonixQubes!

Thats completely wrong.