Gajim in Whonix

Following Instant Messenger Chat with multiple XMPP accounts, do all of them use the same onion circuit?

At time of writing all same Tor circuit.

Sources:

Except: Connections to different Tor Onion Services are automatically stream isolated. (as per [tor-talk] hidden services and stream isolation)

A few more related quesstions if possible…

Gajim: comes with OMEMO, unfortunetaly some people only use OTR, I followed offtherecordplugin · Wiki · gajim / gajim-plugins · GitLab and gajim / gajim-plugins · GitLab and still not clear about where to download the OTR plugin from and whether it’s compatible with my version (I installed Gajim according to the instructions on Whonix wiki).

CoyIM: I don’t see any docs anymore about it. They site doesn’t come up either. Wasn’t that the recommended IM in Whonix just a while ago? anyway this is really basic. I need something that supports OTR and had group functionality. Edit: I just found this

irc with the OFTC server that comes as default in Whonix HexChat: nightmare, I tried to register my nickname and verify it, I am taken through google ReCaptcha.

Anyway I think we need something with OTR.

It should be done in hexchat itself , so i dont understand where did you had the recaptcha. But this is OFTC issue in the end.

When you start a new channel and want to manage it (in a way it can’t be taken over at some point) you need to register at their website. I don’t know of another secure way to maintain a private group tfor an extended period of time there but I am far from being an irc expert.

Yes I agree it is an OFTC issue.

Thanks for the clarification