Front Whonix Wiki page

I still dislike the default skin to unimaginable lengths but OK.

Can we remove the Wikipedia link to Software release life cycle?

Whonix does not use the mentioned definitions of release terms (alpha, beat, RTM) nor does it follow the motion displayed in the release cycle image.

“Marketing Target” should go. “Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security” is clear enough.

Debian based distros use “Unix-like” for the OS Family entry. We either delete the Debian part and keep Unix-like (more accurate) or delete Unix-like and keep Debian (more useful).

I like the marketing target, because it’s a nice summary. Useful for other types of readers. Also advertises hidden services.

The other changes… I don’t really mind. If no one else has a different opinion, feel free to make these changes.

I am thinking if it would make sense to design a totally new main page for a while now anyway. Takes 6 or 7 seconds to load over clearnet. Too much. Perhaps renaming Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System to Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System and doing something unknown with Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System.

I plan to talk to fortasse (whonix.org webmaster) about using varnish (Varnish (software) - Wikipedia). Maybe that would speed up things.

What perhaps would also help a lot would be using modern asynchronous / lazy page loading web technologies. Not sure if mediawiki is capable of this (without anyone patching it or its skin). Or perhaps there are other ways. Such as the approach by modpagespeed seems interesting. However, designing a professional high speed web site seems quite time consuming / skill demanding.

Varnish or not, page load speed or not, perhaps Main_Page is currently too heavy anyhow. Maybe too much content. Maybe too many screenshots.

[Seemingly useful tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/]