[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [NEWS] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [Priority Support]

Explain some things about Qubes-Whonix

Hello. I am a novice user of linux, but I have experience about a year with Whonix.
I want to understand that for me it will be better and as it can be done.

May I use Qubes, to make separate system, as in VirtualBox workstation? For example: I start my pc, start qubes and start separate Whonix Workstation like on VB? As I have understood, in Qubes i must use Whonix as in one system in Qubes, but i want separate file system, and etc in my Whonix. If i in future will want add, for example, kali system, i dont want see files (txt, icons) from Whonix and from Kali in 1 place. Now i use just ubuntu (vpn + encrypt container) + VirtualBox with Whonix. Its ok for me, but maybe if Qubes will better, im ready to change system.

Hi,
you should start here

there was also a Post here about these basics recently

If I could find the answer to the question in guides - I wouldn’t ask here. I want the simple, clear answer whether it is possible to realize so or not.

That’s correct, Qubes (technically a customized Xen) is the hypervisor and Whonix runs as separate VMs on it.

Hi benev

Qubes is similar to VirtualBox but much more secure. You can use multiple virtual machines and guest operating systems

There are also instruction to use multiple OS’s

https://qubes-os.org/doc/#managing-operating-systems-within-qubes

To get a better understanding on how Qubes works I start at the beginning of the documentation page and read all the way through.