Error With Clock Since Time Change...?

Well, I know im probably going to be told that it something that I must have done in order for this issue to start… But I can 100% assure that I have not changed any settings in quiet some time…

Since time changed last night my clocks in both gateway and workstation are off only now by 4 hours rather than the usual 5. More than the normal UTC -5 or whatever. Shoudln’t time still display a 5 hour difference?

Also, now in gate way when I try to do the normal Sudo apt-get update etc… I get this “cannot initiate the connection to mirroe.whonix.de:80” etc

None of this was happening until time changed last night…

anyone know whats going on here?

Most likely not Whonix-related…

I know what UTC is… but I dont understand how this can help me fix the issue? Its clearly not showing the proper time…ive tried to make adjustments since I wrote this and it just switches back. How can it not be Whonix related? My host computer isnt having this issue…only whonix

Good day,

Running timesync should fix your issue.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Do i have to restart or something after doing so? I ran it and it said successful…but Im still an hour off from what it should be…there is only a 4 hour difference…Perhaps I have the clock settings incorrect? I have it set to UTC but there are 2 UTC’s one says UTC etc./

I messed with them a bit trying to get things correct.

Good day,

A few things: First of all: Don’t change ANYTHING related to time. You are creating multiple problems by that, which are hard to resolve. Second: UTC doesn’t have day light saving. Just know read that that was your issue. The clock should thus not change.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Well its a little too late… I already changed it… when time changed it just went off by an hour. Is there a way to correct it?

Good day,

Like I just said: It is correct. Not everywhere is DST.

Have a nice day,

Ego

So ive been using whonix occasionally for nearly two years now and its never had this time difference, and youre telling me its right?

This isnt correct man.

Thanks

Good day,

Why? If UTC doesn’t have DST, when should it change?

Have a nice day,

Ego

what is DST? And with my time zone its always had the same time differnce…now is less…how is that proper

Good day,

I wrote in post 6, that UTC doesn’t have day light saving. That is what DST stands for.

Have a nice day,

Ego

Ok. Can you point me to the settings that my times should be set to by default? (Time zone etc) or let me know which. I changed somethings. Im just trying to get them back corrected. I still dont understand why after two years my time is all of a sudden differnt… but if you say so

Good day,

This is the time you’re supposed to have: Lokalzeit in (UTC/GMT)

Have a nice day,

Ego

Yes. My time is off 5 hours from that

No im sorry. I looked at that wrong

I try not to post random links from the internet. If you had glanced at the article, you would’ve seen:

Daylight saving time

UTC does not change with a change of seasons, but local time or civil time may change if a time zone jurisdiction observes daylight saving time (summer time). For example, local time on the east coast of the United States is five hours behind UTC during winter, but four hours behind while daylight saving is observed there.

Maybe you clicked on Bogota before instead of New York. Same “zone” on Debian map but different DST rules.

I didnt click on NY i clicked UTC