easier multiple screenshots in dom0

Continuing the discussion from Problem With Whonix on Qubes:

You can make all the screenshots you need as first step. Then add all of them to a compressed archive file. Just for simpler copying. So you only need to copy one file rather than all screenshots. That way you need that unhandy dom0 to vm copy command just once.

Store all screenshots in dom0 folder ~/testfolder.

Pack on dom0.

tar czf test.tar.gz ~/testfolder

Unpack in VM.

tar xvf test.tar.gz

@nurmagoz

aha thats great then.

so now can we have page inside the documentation to upload files ?

because u know i cant modify/edit the screenshots inside qubes so i need to move them from one pc to another pc. and in this case we need an area to upload the photos.(preferable not to be a public link)

or we can use the staff section inside the forum if possible ?

Something that would be worth fixing so your graphic editing can also be done on Qubes AppVMs?

I don’t understand the question. Please rephrase.

Did you consider to contribute these screenshots to the qubes-os.org documentation?

Why non-public?

I think you could also upload any temporary pictures just to the whonix.org wiki. Upload usability should be good with the multi upload drop images to upload functionality? Then we have the originals there with high resolution. And if we decide to no longer need them, we can delete them.

Something that would be worth fixing so your graphic editing can also be done on Qubes AppVMs?

i use shutter as image editor , and shutter doesnt work well inside qubes.

I don’t understand the question. Please rephrase.

u answered the question already at the bottom of ur reply.

Did you consider to contribute these screenshots to the qubes-os.org documentation?

yeah sure why not. when i will finish from editing&adding i will contact them by the email.

Why non-public?

just to remove the confusion on the users/readers if they saw them hanging alone up there.

can i put a reminder to this subject ? did u c this function inside discourse ?

Nevermind. Very unlikely to happen. No one is going to find Dev/ImageResize - Whonix accidentally. Because I just added __NOINDEX__ to that wiki page, which will [eventually…] result in search engines voluntarily not add that page to search results. And if they go to Design Documentation and then click on it, so be it. You can also add an explanation on the top of that page what its for. Until this day, I not remember any user ever accidentally visiting some /Dev page and being confused about its contents.

great , thnx.

i have uploaded the photos inside the page itself not in /Dev/imageResize.
similar to KVM & vbox instructions.

how to make & move screenshots with konsole/terminal in Qubes OS

• press the screenshot button inside your keyboard “Prt sc sysrq” , then save the screenshot inside the path that u like

• then go to Konsole by pressing “Application Launcher Menu”

then

System Tools → Konsole (Terminal)

• then type this command (important to look at the photo).

qvm-run --pass-io ws-whonix `cat > test.png` < /home/urpcname/Documents/test.png

Note:- the command can transfer .txt .JPEG …etc. just put the correct name for it inside Qubes path.