discobot auto replies

At this point you should have @discobot auto-reply to topics in this category as most questions on here can be answered with a single search and are usually unrelated to Whonix.

For example, having @discobot reply with a link to a wikipedia page that is easy to read for a noob like “Whonix is based on Kicksecure” and includes a FaQ with all the questions newbies ask answered.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

The example topic you picked Deanonymization via Cross-device tracking. wasn’t particularly suitable for an auto reply because the specific terminology the user asked about was not easily found in FAQ, documentation or forums. But to answer the general point…

Yes, I would like to have some sort of banner / popup or something that is shown prior a user’s first post that mentions Potential Solutions Beyond Whonix! / Self Support First Policy for Whonix / Utilize Search Engines and Documentation. I haven’t found a discourse feature / plugin yet to implement that.

I however don’t like the idea of a discobot auto reply spamming these links under every post wheter applicable or not. Then each post automatically would have an answer count of 1 which would imply that some answer was given which wouldn’t really be the case. So auto-reply does’t seem to be the appropriate tool here.

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish. — Tony Robbins