Dis/advantage of removing proxy/socks settings at various points?

As far as I know, all traffic from a whonix-workstation (or any other vm on the same virtual lan) gets tor’ified. (Part of the point of whonix.)

Workstation proxy is whonix-gateway:9122, localhost excepted.
torbrowser is localhost:9150, which rinet wings to whonix-gateway:9150
iceweasel - I can duplicate the torbrowser settings and check.torproject.org reports success.
iceweasel - no proxy, torproject check reports success.
iceweasel - system proxy, torproject reports success.

Are there dis/advantages between the choices? (I’m guessing they’re just different entry points to the gateway’s tor process.)

Not looking to change settings, nor regularly use iceweasel, just looking to understand if I fire up a different app that permits (http) proxy and/or socks4/5 settings, what settings are the appropriate one to use?

Link appreciated, no doubt this is listed somewhere, just drowning in the wiki and a specific link will probably let me zero in more accurately.

Do you know this page already…?

Different SocksPorts are pre-configured to implement stream isolation.

Removing proxy settings from Tor Browser might have additional browser fingerprinting issues. (These are documented here- Tor Browser Essentials - and are currently being discussed for improvements - Login) Would also break Tor Browser’s tab isolation by socks user name feature ( Tor Browser should set SOCKS username for a request based on first party domain (#3455) · Issues · Legacy / Trac · GitLab ).)