Dangers of using host tools outside VB while on whonix?

I was just curious what dangers if any there are by using things like the host PGP tools intead of the default PGP tool that comes with the workstation. What I mean is I might receive a message on whonix tor session and then decrypt it using a PGP program that I have installed on my host OS? Or accessing files that are on the host OS while on whonix?

I was also wondering say I have a private firefox browser open with a page open this one for example. Then I run whonix and go on tor are there any dangers with running clearnet sites while on whonix tor assuming none of those clearnet sites are directly related to my identity??

Looking at my posts I think it would be more efficient to start numbering them from now on.

Thank you for your help.

Something to avoid. The outside app could establish untorified connections. Or a compromised file from within the VM could lead to host compromise.

Tips on Remaining Anonymous.

Okay I now understand the dangers of using clearnet and tor at the same time, the way the link explains it is soon or later you will confuse one for the other and could risk your anonymity along with other risks. What about using a PGP app that I have on the host?? I am not a fan of the default KGPG app that comes on the workstation the one I have on the host is a little more user friendly. Are you suggesting that even using that outside whonix is dangerous?? Should I just move the app to whonix?

Good day,

it is always recommended to use something like this inside the Workstation, simply for convenience and possible security problems mentioned before. Furthermore, if you don’t like KGPG, you may install any alternative you like on the Workstation, like for example GPA, by using the procedure for installing things on Debian. In the case of GPA for example, this would be:

Have a nice day,

Ego

What about using a PGP app that I have on the host??
My answer was and is: [code]Something to avoid. The outside app could establish untorified connections. Or a compromised file from within the VM could lead to host compromise.[/code]
Should I just move the app to whonix?
Use gpg command line or what ever available through https://www.whonix.org/wiki/About#Based_on_Debian.