Community members might have noticed that a few members of the Whonix team now have custom user titles to the right of their forum user name. This is a cool
meta.discourse feature that has been around for a some time, but hasn’t been offered until now on Whonix.org. Adding a custom user title is a means by which you can receive recognition for your contribution and communicate your “role” to other in the Whonix community. Hence, the Whonix.org admin is opening up custom user title fields for users that have contributed to Whonix. For the time being, any user that prefers a user title must first have it approved by a forum moderator. This might change in the future at the discretion of the Whonix admin. Community member may use this forum thread to request a custom user title. Before submitting a request, please read the guidelines carefully and remember, with one exception  user titles should be thought of solely in terms of your contribution to the Whonix project.
Custom User Title Guidelines
- You must have contributed to Whonix. For example, answering question on the Whonix forum (forum support), wiki contributions, code contributions, social media contributions, Whonix testing, Reporting Whonix bugs, Squashing Whonix bugs etc.
- Your contribution has made an impact on Whonix. 
- Not withstanding  the title must be related to your Whonix contribution or “role”. For example, a user contributing code to “Hardened Debian” might use;
Whonix ™ Contributor,
Whonix ™ Kernel Hardening,
Whonix ™ Research… to name a few possibilities.
- The custom title must not exaggerate your contribution. For example, requesting a title of
Whonix KVM Maintainerafter contributing a single line of code.
- Slang and/or outrageous user titles will not be accepted. For example, titles such as
Da Best Wh00nixx Contributorrrrrrwill be rejected.
- We reserve the right to refuse too timely frequent user title change requests.
This thread is designated only for requesting custom user titles. This thread is not for discussing custom user title policy changes. Please keep this thread on topic.
The following examples show common community contributions and possible titles users could request. If you don’t see a title you like, please feel free to request a custom title that you prefer.
- User maintains Whonix in VirtualBox.
Whonix ™ Contributor
Whonix ™ VirtualBox Maintainer
Whonix ™ Research.
- User answers Whonix forum questions.
Whonix ™ Forum Support.
- User contributes to the Whonix wiki.
Whonix ™ Wiki Contributor
Whonix ™ Researcher
Whonix ™ Wiki Contributor
Whonix ™ Documentation Contributor.
- User tests new Whonix releases.
Whonix ™ Release Tester
Whonix ™ Bug Reporter
- User patches Whonix bugs.
Whonix ™ Bug Squasher
Submitting Your Custom User Title Request
Please take your time when considering a new custom user title. To speed up the process, please include a brief overview of your contribution, unless it is so obvious that it’s not needed. For example contributors listed on the Team page are well known. A link to said contribution(s) if possible and your preferred custom user title. After making your request please be patient while Whonix moderators review your request.
 Custom user titles should reflect the contribution that you have made to Whonix. However, exceptions can be made for Whonix partners that would prefer to have their user title reflect their role in relation to their third party project. For example, Qubes project team members may prefer to have
Qubes insert_role_here as their custom user title.
 Answering community questions (forum support) over a period of time, creating Whonix wiki tutorials, testing new Whonix releases, and contributing code to Whonix are examples of contributions that have made an impact to the Whonix project in the past.