Critical Error Host=Linux parrot 4.2.6-parrot-amd64

I have a clean install of Parrot 4.2.6 and VirtualBox 4.3.28.
Gateway and Workstation fail to start with Critical Error (other VMs ok).

Good day,

did you disable PAE/NX?

Have a nice day,

Ego

I have now but error still there. However, I have just been using XPProSP3 VM which crashed with a Critical Error. This VM has been stable for a long time under Ubuntu 14.04, so it looks like VBox under parrot may be to blame ?

Good day,

could of course be the case, have never used Parrot OS. Only way to tell would be to check it with another OS. Did you verify the images before?

Have a nice day,

Ego

No. Sorry but there is another variable in that I have just moved to an SSD. Will retest on a HDD under ubuntu 14.04 and report back.

Hi, Under Ubuntu 14.04 and same VBox ver. the gateway and workstation boot up OK. I suspect the SSD (its an oldish OCZ Vertex).

I am really sorry to have taken up your time and created unnecessary noise.

I am trying to get away from Ubuntu 14.04 after my T520 touchpad stopped working and their bug tracking triage system appears to be poorly coordinated. There seems to have been dozens of SynPS/2 touchpad regressions going on for years. I mean what is the point in having a laptop if you have to use an external mouse !

If I get a new SSD do you know if Whonix will work OK ?

Also what should I do about these posts ? I am happy for them to be deleted.

Good day,

Don’t be.

Actually, I don’t really see why it shouldn’t work with this one. Did you redownload the images on Ubuntu? Maybe something went wrong at the “download stage”. Did you verify them?

Have a nice day,

Ego

Thank you. I analysed the SSD and it was running out of space even though it should have had plenty of room. I have had problems with OCZ SSDs before.

Should I or can I delete this thread considering the Critical Error had nothing to do with whonix ?

Good day,

you may leave it. Somebody might have a similar problem and take advantage of the solution found here.

Have a nice day,

Ego

1 Like