I know it has already been discussed somewhere.
But I would like to reopen the discussion concerning reenabling clipboard copy-paste between host and Whonix VMs (at least the Workstation).
- Expected feature, users will want to copy-paste stuff into the Workstation (think passwords, logins, etc. stored in another machine for example).
- Can put first users off if they don’t find this feature readily accessible
- Especially true for Whonix-Host ISO since the XML files have to be reedited on each boot, not convenient for quick live uses…
- Security trumps user-friendliness in this one
- KVM is for advanced users anyway, they won’t be scared away by a simple XML configuration change