Cinnamon desktop question

I gather from the Wiki that alternative desktops aren’t exactly recommended, but the more widely-used ones like GNOME are probably fine. My question is whether there are any known problems with using Cinnamon.

Thanks in advance. :+1:

I searched through the wiki/forum and I did not see much if any feed back from Cinnamon desktop users. Just because there are not any known/reported privacy implications with Cinnamon does not mean there aren’t any serious ones. It just means that it has not been tested by the Whonix team.

On the other hand if you wanted to test the Cinnamon desktop I’m sure your feedback would be appreciated. Keep in mind that you should not use that desktop environment for anything requiring anonymity as it is unsupported. Just use for testing purposes.

You can find additional information here:

https://whonix.org/wiki/Other_Desktop_Environments

1 Like

I searched through the wiki/forum and I did not see much if any feed back from Cinnamon desktop users

Likewise, with the same results (or lack thereof). I’m aware it’s likely because Cinnamon is a smaller DE than GNOME or KDE.

On the other hand if you wanted to test the Cinnamon desktop I’m sure your feedback would be appreciated. Keep in mind that you should not use that desktop environment for anything requiring anonymity as it is unsupported. Just use for testing purposes.

I’ve built a Workstation, w/ Cinnamon installed essentially for sandboxing purposes. Frankly I’m not familiar enough with the code to meaningfully “test” what I have right now, with adequate controls in place and whatnot. So for now I’ll stick to just playing with it.