Changing time in whonix workstation?

how do you change time in whonix workstation? :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

The question is a bit ambivalent so we can easily talk about different things and misunderstand.

Change time zone? No good idea, see:

To sync the clock:

Start Menu → Applications → System → Whonix Timesync

Or in terminal.

timesync

Apart from sdwdate/timesync being installed by default, also Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System applies.

[quote=“Patrick, post:2, topic:382”]The question is a bit ambivalent so we can easily talk about different things and misunderstand.

Change time zone? No good idea, see:

To sync the clock:

Start Menu → Applications → System → Whonix Timesync

Or in terminal.

timesync

Apart from sdwdate/timesync being installed by default, also Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System applies.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply and I’ve read the wiki before but it didnt answer my question, I want to change the time like you know how we do it on windows, ubuntu etc,
The only reason I am using whonix is to isolate my data,I do my normal activities on whonix in virtual box and save my data in the ubuntu host, this way my data is safe, I dont care if my location is compromised,
:slight_smile:

Disable sdwdate.

sudo service sdwdate stop ; sudo chmod -x /etc/init.d/sdwdate

Change time / time zone the same way as you would do on Ubuntu, see:

Actually you right right click on the clock.

[quote=“Patrick, post:4, topic:382”][quote author=ovais909 link=topic=400.msg3042#msg3042 date=1406859668]
Thanks for the reply and I’ve read the wiki before but it didnt answer my question, I want to change the time like you know how we do it on windows, ubuntu etc,
[/quote]
Disable sdwdate.

sudo service sdwdate stop ; sudo chmod -x /etc/init.d/sdwdate

Change time / time zone the same way as you would do on Ubuntu, see:

Actually you right right click on the clock.[/quote]

Thanks alot man, You’re a great help to the community. :slight_smile: