Hey, There! Today I installed the new Whonix-XFCE-184.108.40.206.4.ova on my linux system via Virtualbox. The workstation works flawlessly but when I open the gateway it just shows me a black screen with a cursor on it and I can’t open or login into the gateway kindly help me with it.
redeagle, Welcome to the Whonix community!
Its hard to say what the problem is without a little more information.
- Did you verify the Whonix images?
- Will the problem resolve if you run Whonix-Gateway without starting Whonix-Workstation?
- Do you have enough RAM to run the host and both Whonix VMs? See, #Low_RAM_Issues
- Are you able to open a virtual console?
- How did you install Virtulbox. Using the instruction on Whonix?
Edit by Patrick:
See Kicksecure ™ in VirtualBox - Troubleshooting - Kicksecure ™ does not Start?