Attempting to open any heavy web-page freezes(i cant do anything) the entire workstation until the whole page is fully loaded.

Attempting to open any heavy web-page freezes(i cant do anything) the entire workstation until the whole page is fully loaded. (maps.google required 2 min waitnig. attempting to open rambler.ru while 2 tabs of google-maps still opened makes computer shutdown in case of owerheating)
1gb ram for xfce gateway, 4gb ram for xfce workstation
Whith similar settings on whonix-13 everything works perfect (more than 15 heavy tabs loading at the same time did not affected on workstation)
Already reinstalled station and gateway twice :3
Does anyone had this problem? Is it fixable?

Hi huhhah

This could be a low RAM issue. Large pages using most of the resources. Try adding additional RAM to Whonix-Workstation with rads. You can also terminate any unneeded processes on the host to free up RAM if needed.

https://whonix.org/wiki/RAM_Adjusted_Desktop_Starter

This could also be related to Tor Browser E10/multiprocess which can affect performance.

https://forums.whonix.org/t/research-disabling-tbb-e10-mutiprocess-for-performance-boost/6431

That one I don’t understand. You mean reduce gateway RAM so safe RAM so more and be added to workstation?

RAM can be increased in VirtualBox settings.

I have redused ram on gateway to 256mb, multiprocess on station’s tor to 1, now with 5700mb ram on workstation its works just a little bit better, but thank you anyway.

Why 14 wersion of whinix uses more ram then 13? On 13 even with 2gb ram workstation works better, than 14 with 5700mb?

Unknown.

Whonix 13 was based on Debian jessie. Whonix 14 is based on Debian stretch. Components Whonix is based on are updated due to reliance on the components Whonix is based on. It’s impossible to not rely on any third parties (as explained in links below). These components don’t necessarily high performance inside (VirtualBox) virtual machines as their development/testing goal.

The following applies:

Meaning, analysis / patches welcome.
( Frequently Asked Questions - Whonix ™ FAQ )

I dropped the ball on that one. What is said doesn’t make any sense any way you look at it.

1 Like

Thank you too. It seems like i shoud buy better pc. In your opinion macbook with 16gb ram will be enuoght for running 3 workstations on 4gb ram through 1 gate on 256mb?