Ask for advise for avoid three hops in same country

I’ve read articles about why user should not use custom rules for tor nodes. but tor by default still builds circuit with 3hops in same country. and that can be defeated the purpose of using tor. how can I configure the torrc file without reduce the anonymity sets too much? I know can use some rules for that purpose. but I cannot find a way to randomize that part of the circuit. I can only configure that entry must not be in specific countries, let’s say A countries sets, and specify other nodes to must be running in one of the A sets. so the circuit will be impossible to having 3-hops in same country at least in theory that GeoIP is correct. also, I want to know will this make me easier to fingerprint or ruin the anonymity?

Unspecific to Whonix.

Can be resolved as per:

1. Learn how to do that using Tor configuration. (Without Whonix being involved.)

2. Apply the same Tor configuration to Whonix.

How do I Change Other Tor Settings?

related:
Tor Routing Algorithm

Hi,

To address your concern about Tor circuits being built with hops in the same country, I would suggest you to modify the torrc file to enforce specific rules while minimizing the impact on anonymity sets.

Thanks