Steps to reproduce:
- Import Whonix-XFCE-22.214.171.124.ova
- Connect to the Tor network
- Download any AppImage (e.g. featherwallet dot org/download)
- Allow the file to be run as a program
- Try to run the AppImage in a terminal:
fuse: failed to exec fusermount: No such file or directory Cannot mount AppImage, please check your FUSE setup.
To resolve, users must manually install fuse:
sudo apt-get install fuse
In previous versions of Whonix, fuse was installed by default.
- Was the removal of fuse intentional? If yes, why?
- What is the preferred way to distribute applications for Whonix?