Another dns thatn 10.152.152.10

Hi!
I want set on my windows another dns than 10.152.152.10. If i set another dns adress is it safe for me?
whonix->Windows(another dns adress)

Define safe.

When I change in my workstation VM behind whonix gateway my DNS configuration (lets say to google dns 8.8.8.8 instead of whonix gateway local dns), what effect it have on my anonimity? When I visit www.microsoft.com, DNS request is sent to 8.8.8.8 to resolve IP of this domain, and is sent back to me. I am asking about what remains in server logs of DNS provider? Is there tor-exit-node IP as source of DNS query? Is there any leak of my true IP?
I suppose it should be safe because all traffic from my workstation, including DNS requests, is routed through whonix gateway with TOR running, am I correct? If thats correct, then why you recommend to use whonix gateway local IP as DNS server when it has no effect on security at all? Am I missing something?

Everything is always send through Tor. But you stand less out if you try not to be special. Using special DNS makes you stand out from the crowd. Let DNS be resolved by Tor.

Although the technical part is linux specific, the general information still applies here:

When I change in my workstation VM behind whonix gateway my DNS configuration (lets say to google dns 8.8.8.8 instead of whonix gateway local dns), what effect it have on my anonimity?
You're on of the few using that server. The destination servers can figure out that you are not using the Tor exit for DNS.
I am asking about what remains in server logs of DNS provider? Is there tor-exit-node IP as source of DNS query?
Yes.
Is there any leak of my true IP?
No.