Adrelanos outcoming

I see that Adrelanos changed his pseudonym to his real name, is there any special reason for this?

@Adrelanos
Are you not afrait to be a victim of state control or an intelligence service (you have not the background like torproject or other similar organisations)?
Do you have a masterplan if someone tries to force you to do something against the Whonix project and his users?

I see that Adrelanos changed his pseudonym to his real name, is there any special reason for this?
Have you seen my blog post on that topic already?
Are you not afrait to be a victim of state control or an intelligence service (you have not the background like torproject or other similar organisations)?
I chose not to think about it. The more fear we show, the more oppressed we get. Self-fulfilling prophecy. The more people speaking out, the better. And there are people who do a lot better than I do. Like those who just start their own local currency, or public speakers, etc.

What does torproject have that I don’t have? Lawyers? I am not impressed in the slightest. They killed their own president. They bombed their own towers. Send troops to countries, that don’t have insurance (atomic bomb). What protection could torproject possibly have? Rather, they choose to throw money at them.

Do you have a masterplan if someone tries to force you to do something against the Whonix project and his users?
Comply. I am not Rambo, sorry.

Comply. I am not Rambo, sorry.[/quote]

No, but I read in the past about two US projects that get closed (need to google for that again to find it).
Because the owners said that there was no way to avoid the force of the Government anymore. But instead of signing the contract, they killed his own project to protect the users. Thats great in my eyes, because there are not many people out there with this hard standing.

You’re coming from the US National Security Letter and lavabit case.

If I have the luxury of only being threatened by paper with the option to give up the project, I can follow the lavabit example.

If I am threatened by abduction ([secret?] prison) or violence, I don’t think I have other options than comply. Since Whonix is a Free Software project and also Verifiable Builds will be ready with Whonix 8, I hope that the possible damage is small, until someone catches suspicious activity.

As a German citizen, I like to think, that US laws don’t apply to me. To my best knowledge, and I am following news on that topic, Germany doesn’t have and to my surprise doesn’t plan to introduce the equivalent of the US National Security Letter. But since Germany is currently occupied by US military, you’ll never know.*

(*Not a conspiracy theory. You can check this for yourself. You won’t find people talking about in the news or hear politicians complain. Just look how many US military bases are hosted in Germany. That map is available to the public. Horst Seehofer, big German “people party” chairman CSU, ex minister: “Diejenigen die entscheiden sind nicht gewählt und diejenigen die gewählt werden haben nichts zu entscheiden” - I freely translate: “Those who make decisions aren’t elected and the ones that are elected, may not decide”. youtube source)

Nevertheless, to my best knowledge, abduction / violence is not yet something German or US is using against their own citizen. [See the limitation, “to their own citizen”. How sad] This little luxury is worth speaking out so situation at least stays this way and improves. Useful slogan: If not you, now, who and when?

Yes, that was the news!

If I have the luxury of only being threatened by paper with the option to give up the project, I can follow the lavabit example.
A lot of developers dont do this, look on Hushmail or VPN providers like JonDonym and others. It is the own project build from heart and often it is also money involved, so if this is your masterplan to protect your friends, fans and customers, than I take my hat off to you! I have the deepest respect for people like you.