Noob Question regarding Workstation and Gateway in VB

Hello,
I am learning this software one step at a time and reading the documentation meticulously. I understand the concept of the workstation sending information through the Gateway. My question is: when i am browsing in the workstation or sending information like emails/documents etc. is this information automatically sent through the gateway even though the workstation and gateway are two separate entities within VirtualBox? Is the task of filtering information through the gateway automatic or is there setup involved?
Any clarification regarding this would help me greatly. Thank you for your time.

-Gambit

Good day,

yes, everything, which connects to the “outside world”, gets automatically send over the gateway and torrified. Now, I’m not sure what you mean by “filtering information”.

Good day,

Ego

Whonix-Gateway anonymized as in making sure all traffic is sent through the Tor anonymity network.

Whonix-Gateway does no filtering as in removing any personally identifying information that you may be entering yourself or similar.

Related:

i guess a better word would have been ‘divert’. Is the information automatically diverted through the gateway from the workstation. Your answer helped me! Thank you.

-Gambit

Good day,

you could say that so, yes. But regarding these questions, there is actually a pretty well made site on the wiki, see: Whonix ™ - Anonymous Operating System

Have a nice day,

Ego