Few issues in my Qubes OS R3.2

Hello,
first of all thank for the great work you are doing and sorry for the ignorance about what i’m asking for.
Almost everything work fine except:

• When i start Qubes OS R 3.2 i always get “Failed to start Load Kernel Modules” and “systemctl status systemd-modules-load -l” gives me:

$ systemctl status systemd-modules-load -l
● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since dom 2017-02-12 02:35:48 CET; 30min ago
Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
man:modules-load.d(5)
Process: 1098 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 1098 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

feb 12 02:35:47 dom0 systemd-modules-load[1098]: Module ‘xen_evtchn’ is builtin
feb 12 02:35:47 dom0 systemd-modules-load[1098]: Module ‘xen_gntdev’ is builtin
feb 12 02:35:47 dom0 systemd-modules-load[1098]: Module ‘xen_gntalloc’ is builtin
feb 12 02:35:48 dom0 systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
feb 12 02:35:48 dom0 systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
feb 12 02:35:48 dom0 systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Unit entered failed state.
feb 12 02:35:48 dom0 systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

• The other two issues are about setting Qubes’ Tor hidden service repositories for Fedora and Debian Templates. I’m following the documentation (Security Guide - Whonix) but i get this after giving the commands:

Usage: qvm-run [options] [<vm-name>] [<cmd>]

qvm-run: error: You must specify the VM name and the command to execute in the VM.

Thanks again for your time. I will make a donation as soon as possible for support :slight_smile:

Will leave your first issue to the experts.

As far as the qvm-run error for setting Tor repositories, you probably need to change $DebianTemplateVM to your applicable template, ie debian-8 and $FedoraTemplateVM to your applicable template, ie fedora-24.

1 Like

Well, thank you very much, it worked.

1 Like

The first issue is a general Qubes issue. Please use the Qubes support channels.

(As per https://forums.whonix.org/t/what-to-post-in-this-qubes-whonix-forum-and-what-not.)

I will do, sorry for the mistake, i didn’t notice their mailing list.

Your welcome. No worries about that. Not easy to notice and also figuring out where to post what is not trivial for users.