[HOME] [DOWNLOAD] [DOCS] [BLOG] [SUPPORT] [TIPS] [ISSUES] [Priority Support]

Windows Installer

Escaping CMD.EXE can be a tricky thing. Consider the /S switch.

Why not calling 7za directly?

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("7za.exe", "e Whonix_Images.7z");

Good day,

mainly because I don’t know a way of hiding the window which 7za.exe opens, but I know a way of hiding the commandline. That happens like this:

System.Diagnostics.Process process = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo();
startInfo.WindowStyle = System.Diagnostics.ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
startInfo.FileName = "cmd.exe";
startInfo.Arguments = "/K 7za e Whonix_Images.7z";
process.StartInfo = startInfo;
process.Start();

This was just not included in the code above, because currently, I want to have some viewable feedback when debuging. I’ll see, wether I can hide 7za.exe using a similar method, don’t see why this shouldn’t work actually.

Have a nice day,

P.S.: Sorry, forgoth answering this before:

Ego[quote=“thomiel, post:80, topic:1909”]
You really do this with .NET 1.0?
[/quote]

Yes, as at the moment I’ve only used commands which are compatible with the very first version of C#.

Ok then, try with escaped " this way:

startInfo.Arguments = "/K \"7za e C:\\My\\Unzip\\Folder\\Whonix_Images.7z\"";

The /K option wants the command as a single parameter, so you need to use quotation marks.

Good day,

ok, thanks for the input, I’ll try that.

Have a nice day,

Ego

upcoming usability improvements that will hurt, TLS downloads, abolishing torrent downloads

Good day,

after having (irregularily) worked on this for quite some time now, it seems that I’ve been able to get as far as possible at the moment. Have created a coherent installer, which doesn’t necessitate additional downloading or any other actions by the user outside of itself for importing, etc. I still need to finish testing, though at the moment, there seem to be no bigger issues, had a rather big bug to deal with, which put developement almost completley to a halt. However, there is one problem I still couldn’t solve, which I want to get rid of:

The installer for VirtualBox. You see, under Windows, VBox isn’t designed to be installed via a commandline but only per GUI. That’s why, at the moment, I have to call the VBox-Installer externally and let the user go through that process there. While it is integrated in my installer, it is still input on the site of the user, I want to remove. That however, means that I’ll have to somehow recode parts of the VBox Installer to automate it. It’ll certainly take some additional time, though I think it is worth it.

Anyway, will upload the current version in the next days, once I’m fairly certain that everything works under any Windows.

Have a nice day,

Ego